- Where to Find: New York Times (Column)
- How to Ask: Contact Social Q's
- Who to Ask: Philip Galanes
- One of our Favorites: Why Can’t My BFF and My New Boyfriend Get Along?
- Book(s): Social Q's: How to Survive the Quirks, Quandaries, and Quagmires of Today
Why We Read Social Q'S
Matt: In my experience, the most common flavor of advice question boils down to this: "I already know what I'm supposed to do, but is there a way I can do this less awkwardly, maybe?" To that end, Philip Galanes's niche of 'lighthearted advice about awkward social situations' in fact gets to the heart of nearly all advice questions in an attempt to diffuse the awkward; the many situations he tackles are ones that I may not have precisely found myself in yet but am likely to, and reading Social Q's makes me feel like I have hundreds of special-occasion aces hidden up my sleeve for whatever may arise.