- Where to Find: The Nation (Column)
- How to Ask: Contact Asking for a Friend
- Who to Ask: Liza Featherstone
- One of our Favorites: How Do I Stop Harassment Without Involving the Police in a Gentrifying Neighborhood?
- Guest Appearance: Hannah and Matt Befriend Liza Featherstone
Why We Read Asking for a Friend
Matt: Growing up, you were probably taught that it was impolite to talk to others about certain topics: salaries, sex, religion—politics. 'Politeness' be damned, Liza Featherstone consistently has some of my favorite questions each week, and much of that is owed to her taking on some of the more extremely-complicated-but-very-relatable troubles that arise from having stark political differences with those in your life whom you may have no means of escape. Her outstanding grasp of intersectionality is on full display, making her one of my favorite writers on the internet period.